Two Worlds Media is about independently published books from a Christian perspective.
TWM is mostly a marketplace. It’s kind of a storefront for indie writers. But what if we could do more to encourage readers and writers? What if we could make suggestions and provide resources to people who have some of their own ideas for the journey? To do that I’ve started a Podcast called “Read Between the Worlds” where I’ve discussed some of the aspects of writing and publishing in a print on demand world. That’s been going for a few months.
I’d like to do more. In addition, I’d like to offer resources for indie writers. So, allow me to introduce the Two Worlds Media Writer’s Workshop.
This will be a place for active and aspiring writers to explore. It will have the following elements.
- Resource Links to sites we run across that may be helpful. Got a favorite? Let us know.
- Collaboration. Invite readers and other writers to look in on your work while it is in progress; offer compliments, encouragement and suggestions. Let us know if you’ve got a project you’d like to tell folks about and we’ll post links to it so they can find your work. You may be posting your project on your personal blog, or using a site like Wattpad. Whatever platform you’re posting your work to, we’ll link to it.
- Services like editing, cover design, concept refinement, etc.
- Training and Tutoring. I’ll be organizing some online workshop-style classes and personal tutoring in case you’d like to work with a qualified teacher to sharpen your skills. I don’t know about costs and other details yet—teachers gotta make a living, ya know—but I’ll keep you posted. Watch for details.
- Facebook Group. Finally, what do you think about a FB group for this writer’s workshop? You know, a place to discuss the craft of writing and publishing. This would differ from the from Collaboration in that it would not be around a specific project, but a place to field questions and offer or ask for suggestions about writing and publishing. Leave me a comment if you’d be interested. If enough are, I’ll get cracking and set it up. It would be a moderated group. Only us TWM insiders…
So, there ya go! It’s an idea in the larval stage at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to scrap it due to lack of interest, but who knows? Maybe this is an idea whose time has come.
Here’s the link. Remember we’re just getting started here. With enough interest, who knows what may evolve. I’d love to hear from you.